Tel: +1 905 240 8820
712 Wilson Road South, Unit 13, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8R3
CAR'S TEMPERATURE IS AT HOT AND IS HAVING TROUBLE COOLING DOWN
If your car's temperature is at hot and is having trouble cooling down, you can do one of the following to solve the problem:
1) Check the tension on the serpentine belt and adjust the tensioner if needed. Choose this option if the serpentine belt is too loose resulting in water pump not receiving the proper amount of rotation to pump coolant
2) Check for coolant leaks at the coolant lines, radiator and reserve tank. Replace defective part. Choose this option if the coolant lines, radiator or reserve tank is leaking so that not enough coolant returns back to the engine
3) Close or replace reserve tank cap or radiator cap. Choose this option if the reserve tank cap or radiator cap is loose or open so that hot coolant is vaporized into the atmosphere so that not enough coolant returns back to the engine
4) Plug in fan if the plug has become loose. Replace defective fan. Choose this option if the fan is not spinning.
5) Replace defective thermostat. Choose this option if the thermostat is siezed and is blocking the hot coolant from circulating back to the radiator to cool down before returning back to the engine
6) Top up or replace old coolant. Choose this option if the coolant level is lower than the minimum suggested level or if it has been a while since you've last replaced the coolant
7) Perform an engine flush and replace engine oil to the proper level using proper motor viscosity grade oil.
8) Replace defective oil pump. What's the role of the oil pump in the heating and cooling process?